Thursday, November 17, 2011

Scrummy Snack and a Winner

I religiously read Bit of the Good Stuff written by the very talented Sharon.

She lives on the other side of the pond, England, and beyond the content of her blog I love some of the words she uses...like scrummy.

So today I've included scrummy in my title because seriously it is a fantastically descriptive word.

My snack is simple yet built of my own desire.

I have read a few places about coconut peanut butter, and I thought "That sounds good."

I can't find the product here so I combined my two favorite items and made my own:



I toasted up some bread and smeared it on


The warm toast helps make the concoction melty and drippy (both techinical terms)

For a little added sweetness because I was needing it (my kids were stressing me out) I added some chocolate chips.




Oh the ooey goodness...please do yourself a favor and give this a try, I promise you will not be disappointed.

Plus while you are eating your sandwich head over to Bit of the Good Stuff and see what Sharon has going on.

What sort of snacks do you enjoy eating when you need something a little special?

Also the winner of the Crunchmaster Crackers giveaway is Tory.  Congratulations Tory Crunchmaster will be sending you a case of their delicious crackers.

4 comments:

  1. What? Coconut peanut butter?!? That sounds like heaven in a jar! And then add it to a sandwich with chocolate...be still my heart, this looks amazing!
    When I need a little something special I usually pull a cookie out of the freezer or make some baked french fries. Yum yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, yummy! I'll give this a try. Thank you for sharing. Looks like a candy bar in a healthy disguise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...coconut peanut butter does sound scrummy! I love anything coconut OR peanut butter so combining both seems like a GREAT idea. I do love your home made concoction and the addition of the chocolate chips...well it's like the icing on the cake as they say! Your kids are adorable. Love the pic of your daughter shipping herself out in the box! I'm going to keep that in mind for myself! ;- )

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks amazing! I once had a sweetened condensed milk and peanut butter sandwich at a local Chinese restaurant - was way better than I thought it would be. Also thank you very much for hosting the giveaway! I'm really looking forward to trying these crackers and sharing them with the family since many are GF :)

    ReplyDelete