Not that I am trying to induce any stress.
This year we've taken a pretty laid back approach to Christmas and the shopping that goes with it. Having three kids we decided there are a plethora of toys in our house already so we should come up with about 3 meaningful gifts for each of them and then focus the remainder of the day on hanging out with family and enjoying a meal together...OF course there will be focus on food (I love the stuff).
So let me share with you a delicious treat and something that might distract you from any stress you might be under.
- 1 1/2 C all purpose unbleached flour
- 1 C spelt flour
- 1 1/3 C sugar
- 3/4 C unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 Earth Balance, melted
- 3 ener-G egg replacers
- 3 Tbsp almond milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Place flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix together with a fork and set aside.
- In a separate bowl mix together your Earth Balance, vanilla, almond milk, and egg replacers.
- Gradually add in your dry mixture and beat until fully incorporated.
- With damp hands form two loaves (12" x 3") from the dough and place on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Allow the loaves to cool for 10-15 minutes on the baking sheet.
- Remove from the sheet and slice the loaves (you should get at least 12 slices from each loaf).
- Place the sliced cookies back on the baking sheet, cut side up, and bake at 325 degrees for an additional 20 minutes.
- Allow them to cool before dipping (or eat them as is...I promise they are delicious just like this).