Not that I am trying to induce any stress.
This year we've taken a pretty laid back approach to Christmas and the shopping that goes with it. Having three kids we decided there are a plethora of toys in our house already so we should come up with about 3 meaningful gifts for each of them and then focus the remainder of the day on hanging out with family and enjoying a meal together...OF course there will be focus on food (I love the stuff).
So let me share with you a delicious treat and something that might distract you from any stress you might be under.
- 1 1/2 C all purpose unbleached flour
- 1 C spelt flour
- 1 1/3 C sugar
- 3/4 C unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 Earth Balance, melted
- 3 ener-G egg replacers
- 3 Tbsp almond milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Place flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix together with a fork and set aside.
- In a separate bowl mix together your Earth Balance, vanilla, almond milk, and egg replacers.
- Gradually add in your dry mixture and beat until fully incorporated.
- With damp hands form two loaves (12" x 3") from the dough and place on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Allow the loaves to cool for 10-15 minutes on the baking sheet.
- Remove from the sheet and slice the loaves (you should get at least 12 slices from each loaf).
- Place the sliced cookies back on the baking sheet, cut side up, and bake at 325 degrees for an additional 20 minutes.
- Allow them to cool before dipping (or eat them as is...I promise they are delicious just like this).
These might not make you all zen
But hopefully they will give you a nice little break. Pair these (yes you should have at least two) with a cup of hot tea, chocolate, or coffee (whatever your please is).