Friday, January 4, 2019

KonMari Craze is BACK

Yesterday I shared a snapshot of some of the resolutions I wanted to work on this year...one of those items was to minimize my possessions, and if my family cooperates, hopefully many of their possessions as well.

Just when I wasn't sure how to get my family on board enter Netflix and the Marie Kondo 8 episode series titled "Tidying Up with Marie Kondo."


Years ago I read the book "Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up" by Ms. Kondo and was very inspired to go through my house using her techniques and also sharing it enthusiastically with anyone who would listen.  I think in the end I was probably a little bit of a pain to people ("Sorry Mom"), but that's what happens (at least to me) when I am so excited about something and think people will benefit from the knowledge I've gleaned.


Netflix has harnessed the book and brought it to life.  You see people who have varying degrees of clutter that need to be addressed and you get to observe as they apply KonMari methods.  The series does a great job of getting a variety of situations and people so as to show that the methods can be utilized in so many different ways and that they can be adapted to work for everyone.

My husband watched two episodes with me and we kept pausing the show to reflect on our own house and things we wanted to accomplish this weekend, this year, etc.  

I think the series could really provide something for everyone and so to that end I highly recommend this to anyone and everyone.

If you don't have a Netflix account...perhaps snag a free month and then binge on the episodes.  I know January can be a month where many embark on "no spend" challenges.

If you've watched the show, or read the book, what were some takeaways for you?

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you bullied me about reading the book! *smiles* I finally got to watch the first episode of the show tonight and loved it. She is so sweet and enthusiastic! I plan to keep watching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Got here from a comment on the Guardian BTL.

    I like the more positive and judge-free approach of Marie. It's almost left for the families to be embarrassed themselves. I wonder if some of the things people dislike can be down to translation, people sneer at finding 'joy' in an item, but if they were asked 'does this make you happy', they would know what they mean.

    Only watched one and worried they might get a bit repetitive, but fun to read your review.

    ReplyDelete