Monday, April 7, 2014

Delicious Squash Bread

I promised on Thursday that I would have a recipe on Friday...well I am a little late, but here it is.

From our local CSA we've been getting butternut squash.

My kids won't touch the stuff, so I needed to devise a way to use it up and get them to consume it.

Enter squash bread, and in my book way better than pumpkin.


1 C butternut squash roasted and squished (technical term)
2 ener-G egg replacers
1/2 C vegetable oil
1/4 C water
1 C sugar
1/2 C brown sugar
1 3/4 C all purpose unbleached flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt (I used kosher)
2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp cardamom

Mix all of this together and pour into a greased bread pan.  I topped with a sprinkling of turbinado sugar to give it a little crunch (plus who doesn't like fat sugar crystals).

Bake at 350 degrees for 55-60 minutes.

I promise you will not be sorry and you will only have to worry about sitting down and consuming the entire loaf.

Enjoy and Happy Monday to you all!

2 comments:

  1. Ha!! Just when you come back, I take a few weeks off! How nice of you to mention my blog!! Thank you!!!

    How have you been?? I think you've been busy with work? I hope all is happy and well, miss you,

    Shauna xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello there,

    Your blog caught our team's attention and would like to add your blog to the Top Food Blog list in www.mytaste.com/ . Your blog is impressively BEAUTIFUL and it deserves to be included on the Top list!! Great recipes!! We will feature your blog and we will make a lot of shout out about your recipes on our fan pages so that people and our 3million users worldwide will be able to check it on our site.

    MyTaste is a social platform for foodies and blogs/sites owners like you and it helps to reach more people, get more visibility on the web and share/save recipes. Some of the top food blogs receive at least 30,000 visits from us on a weekly basis.
    Here where you can add your blog to the top list http://www.mytaste.com/add-your-food-blog

    EXPOSE YOUR BLOG!!!The World deserves to know how great a cook you are.

    Kind regards
    -Ricky
    info@mytaste.com

    ReplyDelete