Saturday, July 16, 2011

Peach Bread

In my kitchen was this


What is this you ask?

Well it is the left over "juice" from a jar of peaches I canned here.

I thought it would be a great shame to just pour this out when SURELY it could have a purpose

The purpose came to me as I gazed on 3 peaches from my CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) that we had not yet consumed.


I thought surely I could make banana bread with peaches and then was born:

Peach Bread

Ingredients

1 1/2 C unbleached all purpose flour
3/4 C sugar
2 peaches pureed
1 peach diced
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 shake nutmeg
1 flax egg (1 Tbsp ground flax meal, 3 Tbsp water)
1/4 C oil

I mix my flax egg first (so it can thicken) and then I combine all the other ingredients (the least amount of dishes to do afterwards the better).


Add the flax egg and mix it to incorporate

Pour into a greased loaf pan


Bake for 50 minutes at 375 degrees and out pops this



While it was still warm I brushed the top with some of the reserve "juice" to give the bread a sheen.

The bread is very mild in flavor, but super moist.

My kids have especially liked this bread sliced and toasted followed up with a smear of jelly (their current favorite is Crofter's Four Fruit)


3 comments:

  1. Wow I've never tried peach bread! The closest thing I can think of is some apple bread I had once and it was tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great way to use peaches...
    sounds wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great recipe and those peaches look soo fresh. Saving this one!

    ReplyDelete