Wednesday, July 6, 2011

I'm Baaaaaaaack!!!!

I'm back!  But not like Jack Nicholson in "The Shining."

I've come back from the beach with so much to show you.

Our house was about a 5 minute drive from Assateague Island.

Assateague is home to wild ponies, which are believed to have come to the area from a Spanish Galleon wreckage.

You are not always lucky enough to see the ponies when you are driving in, but 2 of the days we went we were lucky to see this:




The beach is beautiful too


My son Owen, who is 8, really wanted to give boogie boarding a try.  I was quite certain that he was going to break something or drown, but those were just my motherly fears.  He however had a fabulous time.

He got a quick lesson from Dad


And we were rolling:











Owen did a great job and I am happy to report there were no broken bones :)

We were very lucky to have two of our favorite people at the beach during the same week...Sue and Wick.

They were gracious enough to have us over for dinner. 

Sue and Wick are special. 

See they don't mind being silly and getting down in the floor and playing or putting "crowns" on their heads





We were lucky enough to get to go back the next day for lunch and some swimming. 

The boys were treated to an impromptu boat ride with Wick.







Part II of the vacation tomorrow...PLUS a recipe.

If you would please vote for me in the Circle of Moms "Top 25 Family Blogs."  There is a button on the right hand side that will take you directly to the voting site.

I appreciate all the support I can get.

1 comment:

  1. Love the pictures! I'm so proud of Owen!

    Sue and Wick were so good to y'all!

    Love always,
    Mom

    P.S. I'm very glad y'all are back! I missed my babies!

    ReplyDelete