Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Odds and Ends

I have a few things I wanted to share, but none of which I would dedicate an entire post to on their own.

Some happy news was waiting in my inbox for me:


I was selected as one of the top 25 Family Blogs on Circle of Moms.  YEAH!

Thanks to all of you who voted for me.

A great way to recycle and to start seeds is with a cardboard egg carton


Cut the carton in half.

Lay a piece of saran wrap on the half that was the top.

Place the bottom on top of the top (sound confusing?), it should look like this:



Add some potting soil (compost, etc) to each egg divot and place your seeds in.



(this is a shot of 2 egg cartons filled)

Once your seeds start sprouting you can cut apart each egg divot (I don't actually know if those things are called divots...I just thought it sounded nice) and plant them directly into the ground.

In an effort to declutter my life, and house, I have decided I will get rid of one thing every day for the next 365 days.

Today I am getting rid of


My aunt called me and wanted some advise on ways to get healthier and include more protein in her diet.  I told her before she bought any expensive powders she should try some samples and see which one she likes.

I happened to have this sample on hand...Cathy it is coming your way in the mail today!!

This is now one less thing in my house. 

Have any of you attempted to declutter in this fashion? 

Or do you remove large quantities of items at one time?

I look forward to hearing what you have to say.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, Babe.

    As you know, I'm trying to follow flylady.net, and she suggests decluttering for 15 minutes a day. I don't do that every day, but I have gotten a lot more ruthless in my pursuit of organization!

    Love always,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. From your post, I learnt more from your post. Thank you for sharing with us. On this moment, If your cabinet was not working well, you can make working good through cabinet refinishing in manassas service. Further, you can get to know more about it.

    ReplyDelete