Saturday, April 7, 2012

Blueberry Muffins Mom's Crazy Cooking Challenge

Hello my friends!

I realize that it is Saturday and that typically I would not be posting, but I have to.

See today is the reveal day for Mom's Crazy Cooking Challenge hosted by the fantastic Tina.

This month we were tasked with scouring the blog world in search of a blueberry muffin recipe.

Easy you say?

HA!

Blueberry muffin recipes are pretty bountiful.

However I think I located the perfect one.

I went to Bundles of Hugs written by Heidi and found this gem:


I made only a few alterations to the recipe and that was to make them vegan.

Substitutions:

Instead of milk I used vanilla unsweetened almond milk
Instead of an egg I used a flax egg (1 Tbsp flax meal mixed with 3 Tbsp water)
I topped the muffins with a sprinkling of turbinado sugar for a little pizzaz

My children declared these to be the best blueberry muffins they have ever had. 

High praise from a 9, 4, and 2 year old (plus they all agreed and that is a pretty rare thing).

Heidi calls these her "go to" muffins and I can see why.

They are just absolutely delectable.

Be sure to stop by Heidi's blog and check out her other recipes and of course adorable pictures of her young son :)

Also check out my fellow participants in this months challenge and see what other blueberry muffins people have been making.


Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. I like that you topped your muffins with turbinado! YUM! And great substitutions!

    #65

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look wonderful. Great idea to use the turbinado!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great choice for the CCC! Love the turbinado on top!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness you did it! Now, I seriously have to try these using the flax egg you mention to me before. I'm so excited to try them now. I'm so glad they turned out too because I was nervous about changing the recipe. *Jumping for joy* Thanks so much Rachel for mentioning my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you made them vegan!
    #20

    ReplyDelete