Wednesday, September 14, 2011

WIAW The Kale Edition

It is Wednesday yet again...WOOHOO! Yeah for hump day!

The only sadness for today is that I had to drop my 8 year old off at school at 6am so he could go on a two night camping trip 4 hours away.


He is a wonderful boy and super excited to be heading to Cherokee, NC but mom (that's me) is a little sad to see him go.  There is the obvious reason that I don't want anything to happen to him but also because he is my big helper around the house.  He often helps wrangle the 4 and 2 year old into play activities (even better when they go outside).  These two may look harmless, but trust me they are bursting with energy.



Okay back to the food stuff.

I photographed my eats and realized I consume quite a bit of kale (I think I might have a serious obsession). I showed you all kale soup last week for WIAW and this week I give you a day of kale (except for breakfast...that would just be excessive).

So to start my day

I had a bowl of Jessica's Natural Foods Granola (which I reviewed here) in the Almond Cherry flavor with some almond milk...serious deliciousness.


For lunch I had BBQ chicken by Gardein (not really chicken...I gave up the meat stuff) with a huge topping of kale:



For dinner I had a ratatouille burger


with another huge topping of kale (nothing more delicious then topping your vegetables with more vegetables):


I have been laying off of the sweets lately but I may, or may not, (I will never tell the whole truth) have had a London bar or two


I hope you all have a wonderful Wednesday and I will spending some time perusing the other bloggers who linked up over at Peas and Crayons.

13 comments:

  1. Okay so a new brand of granola I must try?! There's so much good stuff but I had never heard of this one but I have to try them all before i judge! Thanks for visiting my site yesterday...look forward to seeing more of yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh great ideas for kale!! Love that ratatouille burger... did you post that recipe yet? Looks delicious =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, I think I'd eat your London bars and just skip my meals! I need to jump on the kale bandwagon this fall...I'll start slowly by adding it to my soup :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow so much delicious and healthy food!I need to start buying Kale again. I like it and it's such a nutritional power house but I always seem to forget about it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Lisa @ Healthful Sense
    I need to post the ratatouille burger...I guess I should have done it today...there is always tomorrow! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the pictures of all of them, but you know which one gave me the biggest pang today. I've been thinking about him all day and hoping he got there safely and has a wonderful time. *sigh*

    I'm watching Dr. Oz right now, and he just declared kale his biggest super food to keep you young and disease free. Eat a bunch!

    Love always,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow those london bars look epic. I would have a hard time eating the healthy food cause i would eat tons of those bars for dinner haha

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your kids are so sweet! I hope your eldest had a wonderful time at camp.
    I'm really into kale this year too. I really must try growing at home next year... it could save us a small fortune!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aren't they the cutest! It's so hard to have your little one go away for a couple of days. I'm sure he will have a blast! I'm intrigued with your ratatouille burger! Is this recipe on your blog? I'm going to go search! Have fun and don't worry too much :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your children are darling. Kale pales beside them :-). This is my first visit to your blog, so I've spent some time browsing through your earlier posts. I'm so glad I did that. You've created a great place for your readers to visit and I really enjoyed the time I spent here. I'll definitely be back. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Mary
    Thank you so very much Mary...I am glad you stopped by :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your kids are adorable! Have you tried kale chips yet? It seems like a yummy way to get in all the nutrients of kale without eating it raw...I have them on my to-do list this week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your kids are absolutely adorable! That ratatouille burger sounds fab, you must share the recipe!!

    ReplyDelete