Wednesday, September 21, 2011

It's Just One of Those Days

It has been one of those days, well maybe actually just one of those weeks.

I have made food and eaten it (some has been good), most has not been noteworthy or worth sharing.

One highlight was that I made these vegan chocolate chip cookies I found at Daily Garnish (here).  Emily has some fantastic recipes and these cookies really hit the spot.  I only got two of the 2 dozen I made...somehow my lovely children consumed them with a passion.

*a side note about these cookies.  They use banana in them and the comment section of the Daily Garnish post people asked if there was a banana flavor.  The hint is VERY minimal and this really makes one of THE best chewy cookies

I didn't manage to get any pictures of them either, my apologies.

I am perfecting my ratatouille burger so that I can share that with you all, I promise it is worth waiting for as this really is fantastic.

Instead of being innovative in the kitchen I am have been working with my new camera the Nikon coolpix.  Now I don't have a DLSR but that is because I think that is too much camera for a novice like myself.  I have had no formal training, and maybe one day if I take a class of two (or finally read Plate to Pixel) maybe I will take better shots. 

For now though I will have to settle for what I am producing with my coolpix, which I think is working out ok...what do you think?






6 comments:

  1. I got one of the cookies yesterday. Very tasty!

    Love always,
    Mom

    P.S. Love the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your new camera! I have the L120 and I think for a point and shoot, it's great! One day I hope to have a DLSR, but today is not that day!

    Your pictures are truly lovely...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emily does have some of the best recipes!

    Neat pictures - I love the "old school" look.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such cute photo's! My kids are pretty big now and my son usually hides when I pull out the camera :( I miss those little people! I can't wait for your ratatoulli burger! I'm off to check out that recipe for those chocolate chip cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your photos are beautiful! I only moved over to a DSLR this June because I needed high quality images for the book I'm writing. I ended up buying a secondhand Canon Rebel XT from Ebay. We're intending to sell a load of unwanted stuff in our garage to cover the cost (including M's fishing gear... I can't wait for that to go ;) )
    BTW, thank you so much for promoting WIAW. Through your blog, I've got hooked on it. It was fun joining in this week. I'll hopefully see you there next week xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your photos look great and your kids are so cooperative... my kids look at somewhere when I hold my camera and say cheese. Ugh! You have lots of great moments of them and I'm envious! I took too many pictures of them and they just got tired of me taking photos. I have DSLR, but I think camera takes good pictures, and not me... I'm learning from other food bloggers etc but haven't read even manuals yet. Shame on me. So you can tell camera takes good pictures...haha.

    ReplyDelete