Wednesday, August 17, 2011

What I Ate Wednesday Black Bean Edition

Well I didn't eat black beans all day, but it sort of felt like it.

I have a complete obsession about black bean cakes/burgers (call them what you like).

Seriously I think I've eaten 5 in the last 5 days...YIKES!

Anyway it will come as no surprise that they are included on my What I Ate Wednesday today, which is hosted by Jenn at Peas and Crayons.

Breakfast today is a Cake Batter Green Smoothie a recipea you are sure to enjoy, found here.


Lunch I was fortunate enough to go to my FAVORITE restaurant Lucky 32 here in Greensboro.

I started off with a slice of their homemade multi grain bread.


Followed by a house salad with their homemade buttermilk herb dressing (with the most delicious sesame cracker on the side).


Lunch was my favorite black bean cakes (topped with corn and jalapeno salsa) and macaroni and cheese.


This is so good and spicy...WOO such deliciousness!

For dinner much of the same.  Don't judge I REALLY like black bean cakes, and the ones I make at my house definitely rival Lucky 32 (you can find my recipe here)


So what did you eat that you want to share this Wednesday?

Tomorrow a wrap up of Asheville and the famed Tupelo Honey Cafe as well as a RECIPE! 

YAY!  I haven't done one all week and I am itching to share my newest creation with you.


10 comments:

  1. yuuuum, that black bean burger and mac and cheese look delicious! it's 10AM and now I'm craving macaroni :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. 5 black bean burgers in 5 days is quite a recommendation! These I have to try. Looking forward to this recipe that has got you so excited! I'm totally curious now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Mac n Cheese looks delish! Now I want some!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmmmm...everything looks so tasty! That corn and jalapeno salsa totally make those black bean cakes...yum!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A a Cake Batter Green Smoothie!?!?!? That sounds DIVINE!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Lizzy

    The sweet corn really is a great balance.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Tiffany
    If you try the cake batter smoothie you will be surprised..YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Hester @ Alchemy in the Kitchen
    If you try them I would love to see pictures and hear your reaction :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks great. I love any sort of black beans. Your blog is lovely, so great to have found you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. yum, i cant wait to try that recipe out, looks so good!!

    ReplyDelete