Thursday, August 18, 2011

Asheville, NC part III The Finale

I mentioned in my first post about Asheville that Tupelo Honey Cafe was at the top of my list of places to go.


In an effort to not have to wait for 1 1/2 for dinner we looked up and found that Tupelo has a second location.

A what?  A second location?  How did I not know this ahead of time?

Well THAT was a very pleasant surprise.

I was a bit hesitant because I loved the vibe and the atmosphere of the downtown location.  The second restaurant is in a strip mall...however the inside is all Tupelo funky and fresh (however I forgot to take pictures so please forgive me).

We had a fantastic waitress who brought us biscuits and blueberry jelly for starters (LOVE to start a meal with free bread products).



Which we complimented with a nice glass of water...dude I was thirsty and just couldn't drink another glass of 1/2 and 1/2 (half sweet and half unsweet tea).  The water however comes with no ice...a little strange as it doesn't come that way back home.  The waitress kindly explained that the water is filtered and to not interfere with the purity they don't put ice (you learn something new everyday).


The menu had delicious fresh, locally grown, choices.  I went with the vegetable plate and was given the opportunity to select 3 vegetables. 

I selected the side salad with homemade garlic ranch dressing, macaroni and cheese (I know I might have a dependency problem with this dish), and brown butter brussell sprouts (say that 5 times...whew!).


It came with a little garnish of okra, but I couldn't bring myself to eat that...I just haven't mustered the courage.

The meal was filling and fresh.  I thought this was a great way to finish out my eating tour of Asheville.  I would highly recommend you put this on your list of restaurants to eat in if you are in the Asheville area.

Tupelo Honey Cafe on Urbanspoon


Now a wordless finish with some shots of downtown Asheville.









7 comments:

  1. Looks great! The vegetable looks scrumptious. You made me laugh when you said, "I love to start a meal with free bread product". Me too. Your photos are great too. I'm just curious, the 4th photo from the top, is that an old style iron? (for ironing clothes I meant) Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Cook with Madin

    That is indeed an old iron. There is a bunch of sculpture downtown and this was one of the pieces...about 6 feet tall.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was thinking of visiting Asheville soon. (Beer City USA Award + Hiking + Good Food = Sounds like a good time to me!) I'll have to check out that restaurant.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a fun place to go! Dad and I might have to do a tour.

    Love always,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pictures! The biscuit with blueberry jelly looks so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely pictures....I could go for that biscuit. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So happy to see your review of the Tupelo Honey Cafe. It's on my list too. My father in law lives in Asheville & my brother and granparents in smaller towns surrounding.

    Excited to read parts I and II now!

    Denise

    ReplyDelete