Thursday, August 25, 2011

An Amazing Community for Jennie

As a member of the blogging community (even though I feel like I am on the front porch looking in...a great Rascal Flatts song) I want to say the amount of support and love is just abundant from perfect strangers.  My faith in humanity and knowing that good still exists is renewed on a daily basis.

I love spending time reading various blogs and seeing what my favorite people (whom I've never met) are up to, maybe one day we will be real friends.

I am constantly amazed and filled with hope for humanity when I see out pourings of love.

The latest is one a lot of us have heard about, and that is Jennie Perillo.

Her husband Mikey passed away earlier this month quite unexpectedly.  I have been reading her posts since his passing and it is heart wrenching.  Her writing truly conveys the heartbreak and void that now exists in her life (check out her posts here, here, here, and here).

You just want to hug people who in this situation, however Jennie lives very far from me and probably would look at me a little funny if I tried to hug her.  So instead I have made a donation to her family through Bloggers without Borders

There is a lot she and her two daughters need and I thought what better way to show my love and appreciation for this person then by giving some of what I have and sharing...isn't that what we try to teach our children.

Sharing and taking care of others that is what God wants and that is what I am asking you all to do today.

4 comments:

  1. I know exactly what you mean :) I LOVE Blogging because of these exact reasons!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm proud to call you my daughter!

    Love always,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rachel! I also think that this food blog community is amazing filled with many compassionate people, and you are one of them. Very heart-warming post. I'm going to check out Bloggers without Borders link next. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful post. I am amazed at how loving, supportive and compassionate the blogging - and food blogging - community is. I was thrilled to see Blogging Without Borders set up a donation link.

    ReplyDelete