Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Olay Total Effects Review

I was given the opportunity to try out Olay's Total Effects 7 in 1 Color Control Creme.

That's a pretty long title for a creme, no?

The product comes in a cool little container and you can see the moisturizer and the tint swirled separately.  Which I thought was pretty cool and it was drew me to the product.

Upon opening the product I took a little whiff (I like to smell things, not just food before trying them out).  It had the familiar Oil of Olay smell that I remember from my grandmother applying her moisturizer.

Nothing like a little nostalgia to sucker you in.

The product claims to fight 7 signs of aging:

  1. Fine lines and wrinkles
  2. Uneven tone
  3. Age spots
  4. Gentle exfoliation
  5. Dryness
  6. Moisture barrier
  7. Luminosity
I found after two weeks of use the only thing that it did for me was cause my skin to break out.

I didn't see any of the claims come to fruition.  I don't feel like my skin tone was any more even or that I even  had brighter skin.

After I applied it my face felt a little greasy and like it just wanted to be washed fresh.

Overall I have to say thumbs down to this particular product.

The one bonus that it does have is that there is SPF 15 in it and it is good to keep a sunblock on your face.

Olay Total Effects product, information, and gift pack have all been provided by Olay however the opinions are all my own.

4 comments:

  1. I am not a big makeup person but I do love my clansers and lotions, so thanks for the review. I feel the better I take care of my skin as far as creme and sunblock the less makeup I need, or maybe that's just in my head :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the review! It is always so hard to know until you or someone you trust gives a product a try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your honest review! I don't think I've ever seen a review where the blogger who was "perked" gave a thumbs-down to the product; they always seem to skew positive. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the smell of Oil of Olay but I haven't used their products myself in years. Sorry to hear you had a bad reaction to this one. At the moment I'm really into the Origins Skincare range (not sure if you have it in the US www.origins.co.uk) which is made with all natural ingredients.

    ReplyDelete