Wednesday, February 22, 2012

WIAW The Day Before My Cleanse



Happy What I Ate Wednesday to you all.

Just a quick check.  Have you all been ramping up your veggie in-take?

If not Jenn, Peas and Crayons, and I would like you to do so (your body will thank you).

So I titled today's post "The Day Before My Cleanse."

For Lent I decided I would do a cleanse and I will post all of the details tomorrow.

But today I give you my Mardi Gras (Fat Tuesday) eats before I began limiting the types of food I consume.

Breakfast:


There is no picture for a reason...I didn't eat breakfast. 

Please don't hate on me, it was just one of those days where it just didn't happen.  I was busy with the children and trust me I made up for it at lunch.

Lunch:


Black bean quesadilla which was filled to the brim with: black beans (duh), kale (my favorite), mushrooms, onion, and a little cheese all toasted up in a spinach tortilla shell.

For a little added kick I splashed this all over the insides:


Sriracha!!! 

Holy Smokes Batman this stuff is good.

My husband keeps telling the kids it is rooster blood, I don't think they believe him (but it is hard to tell).

I have read both on Laura's blog, Sprint 2 The Table, and Jenn's that this stuff is the bomb.

It took Jenn telling me to get off my butt and order some for me to actually do it.

I am so very much in love with this that I have something special at the bottom of the post.

Back to the eats.

Dinner:


Broccoli soup made with Chobani plain Greek yogurt (recipe coming on Friday).

So there are my eats.  Be sure to check out my fellow bloggers at Jenn's and see what others were eating.

Now for my surprise.  As I have completely fallen in love with sriracha I would like to give one of my readers a chance to do the same. 

Would you like to have your very own bottle of rooster blood?

If so leave me a comment below (any comment will do)

If you would like to have more than one entry you can additionally to the following (just be sure to leave a separate comment):

1) follow me on Twitter
2) like me on Facebook

I will have the giveaway open until Friday the 24th and the winner will be announced on Monday's post.

5 comments:

  1. I have never tried sriracha but would lovveee too!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm, we love sriracha! So amazed you can skip breakfast, I would be starving! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That quesadilla looks amazing! Great pic too!
    If Laura, Jenn and yourself are raving about the sriracha then it must be good! On a scale of 1-10, how would you rate it's heat?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the add on Foodbuzz! I have this book which is another great cleanse: http://www.amazon.com/Raw-Food-Cleanse-All-Natural-ebook/dp/B003ODHOBS Good luck!

    ReplyDelete