Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Moms Crazy Cooking -- Spaghetti

Photobucket


It is time for Mom's Crazy Cooking Challenge and this month we are serving up spaghetti.

I know on the surface spaghetti doesn't seem like a tough challenge.

And it isn't, but what is nice is the vast variety of red sauce that everyone found.

Spaghetti is one of those dishes that just about everyone will eat (kids and adults alike).

It has been a dish I have loved since I was little so to see my kids enjoy homemade red sauce is a joy (because you know there is nothing but goodness and love on their plate).

I chose to make Tangy Tomato Sauce from Nicole of Pinch My Salt.

The recipe is simple and delicious.

To her recipe I did add:

1/2 C mushrooms
1/4 C spinach
1 tsp cognac
1 Tbsp flax oil

I put everything in the Vita-Mix so that I would have a nice smooth sauce. 

The outcome was pure deliciousness:



I chose to include "meatballs" because the kids enjoy them and they are quite a bit healthier than the real meat version.



Grab a bottle of chianti and check out all of the other wonderful spaghetti posts today!

Be sure, if you haven't done so already, to enter my Conscious Box giveaway.

19 comments:

  1. How many meals can be made just from a simple spaghetti! No wander Italians eat pasta every day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your additions. Great challenge, don't you think? I hope you'll stop by an visit my CCC - Spaghetti Pie

    :)
    ButterYum

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your sauce looks so thick and creamy! Yum!
    #29

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you can make spaghetti healthier. Think I might try this soon. My recipe is #77. Come visit me and see my recipe for Spaghetti Pie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Spaghetti is my go to meal when I haven't planned anything. I love Costco's bottled marinara sauce (Kirkland brand), it is so good. I keep telling myself I need to make my own but I never do.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Comfort in spaghetti and meatballs...........andi

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your additions to a wonderful sounding recipe.

    If you haven't already, I'd love for you to check out my CCC entry: Tomato Sauce with Onion & Butter.

    Lisa~~
    Cook Lisa Cook

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks great, and your additions sound wonderful. Found you through the Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Spinach is a clever addition. I have to try it on my kids sometime.

    Jen #19

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wish I had known about this in advance, I would have joined in! I'm not a Mom...does it still count?!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow what an amazing array of spaghetti dishes! Your sauce sounds absolutely delicious!
    It's so good to hear that your kiddies are enjoying the veggie food :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow- who knew there'd be over 80 spaghetti sauce/dish recipes...all in one place. Amazing.

    I love the nate's "meat" balls...so yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This looks so good. I opted out this month. I made it but didn't have time to blog it. So much going on. Now I wish I'd have had time to carry though. Great job on yours. Love Pinch My Salt.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This sounds yummy! I love that you added spinach to your sauce, nice and healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I also love spinach in my pasta sauce, and it's so healthy!

    Tina decided that I hadn't fulfilled the requirements of the challenge, so she excluded me from the linky party. Check out my post and see what you think! http://jennyskitchenmishmash.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great way of sneaking veggies in.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Rachel,
    Your sauce looks awesome and very family friendly! It is fun cooking with you in the CCC. Hope you are having a great week end.
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  18. We just tried meatless meatballs in our sauce a couple of weeks ago and even my meat eating boys loved it. Thanks for sharing your version!
    #46

    ReplyDelete
  19. All the spaghetti looks really good! I should have defrosted ground beef! Now I have huge craving!

    ReplyDelete