You can't tell me that you aren't just jumping with joy for the weekend to be here already (I really would hate to think I am alone in the jumping).
This weekend holds lots of outdoor activities for my family.
Slowly we have been making more and more vegetable/fruit/flower beds around our yard. One day we will cease to have grass and no longer have to worry about it being mowed.
Because what we don't have covered in dirt, we hope to have covered in clover.
Yes you read that right clover.
Did you know that clover, yes that little weed so many try to kill, is beneficial for your yard?
Here are 6 of top benefits:
- Nitrogen fixating--it takes nitrogen from the air and deposits it in the ground as absorbable fertilizer
- Drought tolerant
- Resists pet urine (won't turn brown like grass does)
- Grows in bad soil--since it brings nitrogen to the ground it can heal the ground it grows in
- Grows year round--a perpetual green lawn, how nice
- Fertilizes surrounding plants
I thought this was just some food for thought as you go into your weekend. Think twice before killing those weeds. I am pretty sure the chemicals in the weed killer is way more harmful than the weeds themselves.
Hopefully wherever you are there will be beautiful weather. Here in Carolina the temps have been anywhere from 90 to 72, just the way I like it nice and warm.
So what will you do with your weekend?